Sleeper Volvo |For Sale - $3000 OBO SOLD!
We'll be sorry to see her go, but she's in loving hands.
This is a super clean 1990 Volvo 740 GLE powered by a Chevy 305 V8 drive train from a 1991 Camaro RS. Street legal, passes emissions and road ready!
The interior pictures are over-exposed so you can see the detail. The actual interior color is dark maroon, not bright red like these pictures make it look.
The V8 runs strong, just passed Tucson emissions, doesn't smoke or leak and purrs like new. The engine bay is clean enough to eat off of, as is the paint.
The body is a very clean, Arizona (no rust) 200k mile Volvo. The paint is in perfect shape except for a scratch you can see in the second picture. The suspension is also a 200k mile stock Volvo, that is to say that pretty soft and worn out. IPD makes everything you need to make this car handle like it deserves to.
The Volvo and the Camaro weigh almost exactly the same, but the Volvo has better weight distribution (almost perfect 50/50!). This can be either a track/autocross monster or drag strip comedy gold, you decide.
Every detail I can think of:
Everything that I know is wrong:
- Stock Chevy engine and automatic tranny with OD. TBI injection.
- Custom drive shaft, Volvo rear end. Open diff but limited slip diffs are availble from turbo models or from new upgrade kits.
- Chevy computer is in the passenger kick panel. Diagnostic port is in the glovebox.
- ABS works, 4-wheel disk brakes
- Alpine alarm with one remote
- Air conditioning (not hooked up, but will work)
- Just passed Tucson emissions. All you have to do is transfer title and register!
- All basic controls work (like heater, wipers, etc...) except the cruise control.
- New Corvette radiator, electric fans from unknown source.
- Previous owner claims the engine was fully rebuilt before the transplant but I have no information to verify this. If I was making shit up to sell a car that's the sort of thing I'd make up too. However to his credit it really does run like brand new, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.
- A/C is not hooked up. It will need a hose adapter or a new hose connection fitted. AutoZone may have an adapter that works, otherwise I know a shop that will be able to make a new connector for you. It all worked when it was last in the Camaro.
- Rear wiper doesn't work. The problem is mechanical not electrical so should be easy and cheap to fix. I never cared to fix it.
- Radio doesn't work. I never cared to fix it.
- Power antenna doesn't go up, but that my be linked to the radio.
- The leather seats are pretty cracked/worn, however not yet too nasty to sit in.
Copyleft Mark Leinhos
Last modified 08/04/15
GET STARTED WITH STYLE - GREAT IDEAS TO HELP YOU UPDATE YOUR DECOR
CREDIT EVENT - NO CREDIT FOR 120 DAYS!!!
||MARK LOVES YOU. JUST NOT THIS MUCH.|
Smir nir bor de boor skih dish skih door
smir nir dir boor nir dir mmm
bork bork bork!